May 23, 2022 News
We are looking for a skilled Maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning to canals, head gate repair and replacement, rebuild pumps, ice removal for the power plant in the winter. These are just a few of the tasks to be performed.
It is preferred that crew members have the ability to operate the district’s heavy equipment, be on call for alarms at the pumphouse after gaining working knowledge of the pumps’ operations and the alarm systems.
- Pass pre-employment DOT Drug and Alcohol test.
- Subject to random DOT drug and alcohol testing.
- Availability for canal emergency situations 24/7. Must be available to be on call 1 week every 1 or 2 months depending on need, with mandatory 30-minute response window.
- Respond within 30 minutes of emergency call out.
- 40 hours a week for 12 months, Monday – Friday 7am to 3:30pm.
- Overtime as necessary, not guaranteed.
- Class A CDL.
- Heavy equipment experience.
- Health Benefits available after 30 days on the 1st of the month after hire.
- Simple IRA is available after 1 year, company match of up to 3%.
- 10 paid holidays.
Full-Time, starting pay is $19.00 per hour, potential for raise after 90-day trial period.
Orchard Mesa Irrigation District 970-464-7885 or firstname.lastname@example.org