January 13, 2022 News
We are looking for a skilled Maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning to canals, head gate repair and replacement. Rebuild pumps, help with removing ice for the hydro plant in the winter. These are just a few of the tasks to be performed.
Crew members are required to have the ability to operate all the district’s heavy equipment to some degree. They are also required to be on standby call for alarms at the pumphouse so, must have a working knowledge of the pumps’ operations and the alarm systems.
- Pass DOT Drug and Alcohol test prior to being hired.
- Subject to random DOT drug and alcohol testing.
- Availability for canal emergency situations 24/7. Must be able to be on call 1 week every 1 or 2 months depending on need, with mandatory 30-minute response window.
- Be able to respond within 30 minutes of call out time.
- 40 hours a week for 12 months, Monday – Friday 7am to 3:30pm.
- Required overtime during emergency call out situations as well as during assigned on-call week.
- Class A CDL.
- Heavy equipment experience.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Health Benefits available after 30 days on the 1st of the next month.
- Simple IRA is available after 1 year, company match of up to 3%.
- 10 paid holidays.
- Full-Time, starting pay is $19.00 per hour, potential for raise after 90-day trial period.